Skip to content

Registered Training Organisations

Do you provide VET services-work for a Registered Training Organisation [RTO]?

If so – the Independent Education Union of Australia WA Branch is your union!

Along with RTOs, the IEUA WA Branch covers workers in non-government schools and ELICOS throughout Western Australia.

An RTO is defined as an education and training organisation that provides education and training to persons over the age of 16 years who have exited the school education system. 

If you work as a teacher, tutor, instructors or trainer in training people in the following industries:

  • Beauty
  • Pilates
  • Yoga
  • Provision of First Aid Courses
  • Health Support
  • Security Operations
  • Occupational Health & safety
  • Transport
  • Sport and Recreation
  • Science & Technology
  • Construction and mining

the IEUA WA Branch is the union for you and your colleagues.

If you’re looking for the safety net only a union can provide, sign up today.

In discussions with union members from RTOs, some of the most common questions we get asked are:

  • Am I under an Award? If so, which one? 
  • Am I being paid the correct rate for my qualifications?
  • Should I be paid for all the hours I work or just the hours I teach?
  • I’ve been a casual for years – when am I going to get a permanent job?
  • Do I have an entitlement to long service leave and superannuation? If not, why not?

Click here to access the Industry Award which covers most RTO employers throughout Australia in the post-secondary educational services industry and their employees (other than trades, cleaning or maintenance staff).

If you have any further questions, contact the union office on 9373 1000 or email: