Date(s) - 25/09/2018
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Inclusive Education WA presents a free professional development opportunity for staff who work in/with schools.
This introductory workshop will speak to the specific needs for creating safe and inclusive school environments trans and gender diverse students, staff and families
We will cover:
1. What supports and resources are available for WA schools and schools staff
2. Exploring concepts, language and terminology
3. Education, legal and policy frameworks
4. Research on the experiences of trans and gender diverse young people in schools
5. Good practice tips and strategies and ideas for kickstarting your safe school
6. Resources and follow up support available
7. Opportunities to network with like-minded staff
Food, tea and coffee provided.
This workshop is specialised for staff who work in/with schools – teachers, school leadership staff, school nurses, school psychologists, school chaplains, youth workers and social workers. Please note this workshop is not suitable for young people or parents/carers.
Please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the workshop and to advise of any dietary requirements.