Date(s) - 12/07/2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Anne-Marie, CBCA Judge, as she takes us on a literary journey through the Shortlisted Books “Reading is my Secret Power”. This is an informal session which will help you resource and prepare for Book Week 2019. Come with lots of questions and leave armed with teaching strategies and resources!
There is no cost to IEUA WA Branch members. Non-members are welcome to attend for $20. Any non-member who signs up for IEU membership on the day will get $50 off their membership fee.
The session includes a 30 minutes light luncheon discussion break.
Professional Standards covered in this PL:
Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
- 1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
- 2 Content selection and organisation
- 4 Understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to promote reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians
- 5 Literacy and numeracy strategies
Standard 3: Professional Practice
- 2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
- 3 Use teaching strategies
- 4 select and use resources
- 5 Use effective classroom communication
Standard 6: Engage in professional learning
- 3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice
- 4 Apply professional learning and improve student learning