Freshstart Injury Management are the IEUWA’s preferred vocational rehabilitation provider.
Do you know you have rights as to how your return to work is managed? Do you know you can choose or change to your own Rehabilitation Provider to help you manage your return to work? You can also choose your own treating doctor to help manage your injury.
Freshstart Injury Management is a fully independent and accredited agency with WorkCover WA and Medicare that strives to consider the injured worker as the client, with a focus on treatment and recovery. They have extensive experience over the past two decades working with injured education employees, from as far south as Esperance and as far north as Broome. Freshstart have assisted many injured workers with returning to work following a work-related injury.
Steps in the Worker’s Compensation process:
- Once injured, seek first aid if available at work.
- Attend a doctor’s appointment as a priority and report the incident to your employer as soon as possible (likely will involve completing an Incident Report Form). Remember, medical treatment and first aid should come first.
- See your doctor as soon as possible and ask for a First Medical Certificate – you have the right to see a doctor of your choosing.
- Fill in the 2B Workers Compensation Claim Form – available from your employer, online at WorkCover WA or through the IEUWA.
- Make a copy of the First Medical Certificate and your 2B Workers Compensation Claim Form – the original needs to be provided to your employer as soon as possible. From that point;
- Employer has 5 working days to send this paperwork off to the insurance company.
- Insurer will contact you within 14 days to advise if your claim has been accepted, disputed or pended. Self-insurers have 17 days total.
As soon as possible following an injury – contact Freshstart (Kerry O’Sullivan on 0418 900 816) and the IEUWA Office so we can assist with any queries or help needed at any stage.
Freshstart Injury Management
Senior Injury Management Consultant
0418 900 816