Catholic Teacher Bargaining 2023
Negotiations for your new EBA with CEWA have progressed steadily during the beginning of 2023. Your IEU Catholic Teacher Bargaining Committee has discussed workloads for the last three meetings; some progress has been made in addressing the exponential growth of teacher workloads.
The IEU has prepared and sent a draft EBA document for CEWA to consider. This document includes all of the items from your EBA Log of Claims.
You can read this draft EBA here. Please provide any feedback you may have to email@example.com.
Keep in mind that this EBA draft has NOT been agreed to by CEWA and does not form your current conditions; it has only been provided to them by IEU Catholic Teacher Bargaining Committee for discussion at our next EBA meeting on Monday 1st May 2023.
This is the perfect time to invite your colleagues to join you in the IEU so they can have their say and play their part in supporting a process which will benefit everyone in Catholic education. The more IEU members we have standing behind us at the bargaining table, the stronger we will be!
Posters, Graphics and Other Resources
- CEWA EBA vs Award Comparison Document (IEU Version) – NEW!
- CEWA FAQ Document (with IEU’s edits)
- ‘Reasons to Vote No’ Infographic – Social Media Post
- ‘Reasons to Vote No’ Infographic – A3 Poster
- Powerpoint Presentation from a Catholic Teacher Member about CEWA’s Proposed EBA
- ‘Wins and Losses’ A3 Poster – October 2022 version
- Vote No Again! Graphic (Full HD)
- Vote No Again! Graphic (Instagram)
- Vote No Again! Graphic (Facebook Cover Picture)
- Vote No Again! Graphic (A3 Poster)
Previous Vote Resources
- ‘Wins and Losses’ A3 Poster – March 2022
- Vote No Graphic (A3 Poster)
- IEU Response to CEWA’s Summary/Comparison Document
- IEU Letter to Archbishop Timothy Costelloe
- Salary Comparison
- Slides from Meeting – Tues 22 March 2022
- Vote No Graphic (Full HD)
- Vote No Graphic (Instagram)
- Vote No Graphic (Facebook Cover Picture)
Information on CEWA’s Proposed Agreement
IEUWA Members’ Log of Claims
Developed by surveying and discussing issues with IEU Members, this document lays out the claims of IEU Teacher Members in Catholic Schools for their next EBA and was presented to CEWA at the beginning of bargaining in 2021.
CEWA Response to IEU Members Log of Claims
CEWA provided this document in response to the IEU Log of Claims above; the majority of members’ claims were rejected by CEWA.
IEU Members’ Proposed Clauses for Teachers EBA
Current as of September 12 2022, this document contains the IEU’s edits to the then-current proposed EBA that CEWA had provided.
Catholic Teacher EBA – Comparison Document (February 2022)
This document was issued during the previous vote in February 2022, comparing CEWA’s offer at that time to other WA non-government education Agreements and the Federal Award.
The following both indicate the level of funding that WA Non-government schools are receiving from the State and Federal Governments.
Since bargaining last took place, CEWA have moved into the federal industrial relations system. That means that CEWA employees and bargaining must adhere to the conditions laid out in the Fair Work Act. Teachers are covered by the Educational Services (Teachers) Award.
Previous Bargaining Updates
Read the previous communications that the IEU has sent to members regarding Catholic Teacher Bargaining.
- Jan 2021 – Catholic Bargaining Update
- April 2021 – Catholic Bargaining Update
- May 2021 – Catholic Teacher Delegates Update
- July 2021 – Catholic Teachers’ Bargaining Update
- August 2021 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- September 2021 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- October 2021 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- February 2022 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- May 2022 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- October 2022 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- November 2023 – Catholic Teacher Bargaining Update
- November 2023 – Incorrect Information from Catholic Principals
- November 2023 – Response to Dr Sayce
- March 2023 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update
- April 2023 – Catholic Teachers Bargaining Update