Membership to the Independent Education Union is free for current university and TAFE students enrolled in education-related courses.
The IEU provides assistance with meeting Teacher Registration Requirements
- How to progress from Graduate to Proficient status
- How to meet the 7 Professional Standards for Teachers, to attain Proficiency
- Compiling paperwork – what constitutes ‘evidence’
- The Appropriate Person’s role and responsibilities
Benefits for Student Members
When you are seeking and preparing for your first teaching position you are entitled to confidential advice and assistance by phone and email about:
- Your employment contract – we recommend you seek advice prior to signing your contract.
- Salaries and working conditions at Catholic and Independent schools
- Your Duty of Care to students
- How to access support and assistance in your Early Career years.
In addition to excellent industrial advice you are also entitled to a number of financial, legal and insurance services and savings though our partners. The IEU is also your gateway to a number of teaching resources and references as well as professional learning opportunities.
To join as a student member, complete the form below.
If you have any enquiries, please call the office on (+61 8) 9373 1000.