We are seeking expressions of interest from IEU Teacher Members who have a passion and drive to improve workers’ lives while being actively involved in the formulation of education policy.
We can offer a 12-month contract initially with the potential for the position to be made permanent, full-time, or part time.
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone with previous teaching experience who loves meeting people and has a demonstrated commitment to trade union principles, values, and the IEU.
We are seeking a teacher who can:
- Represent and advise IEU Members on workplace issues
- Work as a part of the Organising team to recruit new members, identify leaders, empower workers, and achieve the goals of the IEU
- Assist in the development of IEU education policy and participate in national IEU education policy forums/committees
- Assist the Branch Secretary/Industrial staff with education/teacher matters
- Provide some PD for teacher and support staff members (mainly EA’s)
You need to have:
- Effective communication, planning and rapport building skills
- An ability to develop people, including motivating and educating others.
- the ability to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- the skills to plan and organise work and achieve outcomes within timeframes allocated
- basic computer proficiency especially MS Office suites
- a current drivers’ licence
We can offer:
- a completive salary;
- employer superannuation contributions well above the prescribed SGC amount;
- Work car provided or vehicle allowance (for use of your own car);
- Regular hours Monday to Friday generally 8:30 am to 5 PM, occasionally required to work outside the usual span of hours, especially for country/interstate trips;
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- 17.5% Annual leave loading (paid on first 4 weeks) paid in December each year
- 13 days personal leave;
- Family friendly working hours;
- Free parking
The position is based in our office in Rivervale, if you are interested or want further information please e-mail email@example.com with the heading EOI – Teacher Organiser. We can assist members with applications for LWOP.