I, Rebecca COLLOPY of 20/63 Knutsford Avenue, RIVERVALE WA 6103 am the Branch Secretary of the Independent Education Union of Australia WA Branch and am authorised to give this notice of particulars of alterations to the rules of the Independent Education Union of Australia WA Branch and to make this declaration as required by Regulation 126 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Regulations 2009.
- I declare that the alterations were made in accordance with the rules of the Independent Education Union of Australia WA Branch.
- The particulars of the rule alterations are attached to this declaration and labelled ‘Schedule A’.
- The alteration was made in accordance with Rule 7.1(c) of the Rules of the Independent Education Union of Australia WA Branch:
7 – POWERS OF THE BRANCH EXECUTIVE
7.1 The Branch Executive shall have power to control and manage the business and affairs of the Branch subject always to the Federal Rules and the Branch Rules, and without limiting the generality of this power shall have power to:
(c) Rescind, amend or add to these Branch Rules including rules to constitute, reform, or dissolve sub-branches, sections and local committees and to determine or vary their powers and duties.
- The actions taken under the rules to make this alteration were as follows:
- On 25 June 2022, I provided notice of an ordinary meeting of the Branch Executive on 26 July 2022.
- An explanatory memorandum containing a copy of the proposed rule changes was provided to the Branch Executive a week prior to the meeting.
- The Executive Meeting was held on 26 July 2022.
- Eight members of the Branch Executive attended the meeting, with the remaining three Executive members providing apologies. As such the meeting was quorate.
- The Rule proposals in Schedule A were put as separate motions. All four were carried unanimously.
I declare that the particulars set out in this notice are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Lodged with the Fair Work Commission 1 August 2022
A rule to establish the position of Deputy Secretary
MOTION: That “one (1) Deputy Secretary” be added after “one (1) Secretary” in Branch Rule 6.2 so that Branch Rule 6.2 becomes: “The Branch Executive shall consist of one (1) President, one (1) Vice-President, one (1) Secretary, one (1) Deputy Secretary and eight (8) Ordinary Executive members.
A rule to establish the order of position filling
MOTION: That Branch Rule 6.5 incorporate the position of Deputy Secretary and become “6.5 During the counting of the election the determination of positions shall be in the order of President, then Vice President, then Secretary, then Deputy Secretary and then Ordinary Member.” and 6.5.1 become “6.5.1 Where a candidate nominates for several positions, and is elected to the higher position, this shall take precedence over the nomination for the lower position. The order of positions shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Deputy Secretary and then Ordinary Member.”
A transitional rule for the role of Deputy Secretary
MOTION: That a new Branch Rule 6.10 be added: “6.10 The inaugural Deputy Secretary shall be elected under Branch Rule 6 mutatis mutandis and shall hold office for the remainder of the current Executive’s term of office and shall thereafter be elected as per Branch Rule 6.”
The duties of the Deputy Secretary
MOTION: That a new Branch rule 8.4 be inserted being “8.4 The Deputy Secretary shall:
(a) assist the Secretary in the performance of his or her duties; and
(b) in the absence of the Secretary, have all the duties and powers of the Secretary.”
The existing Rule 8.4 is renumbered as Rule 8.5 accordingly.